Martha L. Librock
Deputy Town Clerk: Sheryl A. Miller
Deputy Town Clerk: Barbara A. Halt
Town Hall Hours: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Phone: (716) 652-3280
Fax: (716) 652-3507
Certified Copy: $10
All births that occurred in the Town of Aurora are filed with the Town Clerk and a birth certificate is issued. Our birth records go back to 1893. A certified copy of a birth certificate is available for $10 (cash, check or money order payable to: Aurora Town Clerk) to an applicant eligible to receive it. Application forms are available from the Town Clerk's office.
A certified copy or a certified transcript of a birth certificate may be issued only:
- To the person named on the birth certificate, if 18 years of age or older;
- To the parents or lawful representative of the person named on the birth certificate;
- To a person with a New York State Court Order;
- To a municipal, state or federal agency when needed for official purposes.
The applicant must provide a driver's license as proof of identification. If a driver's license is not available the following may be presented:
- State issued non-driver's license identification card;
- Military identification card;
- Employer's photo identification card;
- Police report documenting the applicant's name, address and theft or loss of positive identification.